Monday, March 20, 2006

Advert Oscars

I'm watching too much TV lately. There isn't anything to do except that anyway. Sometimes I wish I could time-travel back into my exams (no, I'm not a nerdy alien from Jupiter). Atleast there would be something to do. And I would also know whats coming in the question paper (he he he).

Nowadays there seem to be more ads than normal programmes, which is not justifying the ridiculous price of Pehla. It really bugs me when someone is poised to shoot the good guy in a serial, he is just going to press the trigger, and then some rubbish about "Head and Shoulders" comes up. But there are some ads which are quite good too.

This one is my favourite. It's for MasterCard (credit card). It shows this Indian man, who is in his twenties but very frail and thin. From the morning to the evening he is doing hard labor, carrying stuff, building walls, cleaning people's homes and basically doing every difficult job imaginable for very little money or food. At the end of the day he is exhausted and he is walking back when a message comes up, saying, "Bholu: Ex-pickpocket. Welcome to a cashless Society". I couldn't help laughing.

I don't have any movies to watch at home, and I have only one PC game, which is Age Of Empires (I think it's the old version). My parents would NEVER actually buy me a game (it's distracting, bad for eyes, blah blah blah). My outdated GameBoy Color (yes, I actually still have one) has got dreadful graphics. I also have a (outdated) Nintendo 64, which I like a lot, but can't play so often as my mum is usually watching some serial or the other (you know, mother-in-law VS. daughter-in-law types). If anyone knows anyplace where I can buy fake games for cheap please email me or leave a comment. I'm against piracy but right now I'm desperate.

I'm also thinking of getting my mom something for Mother's Day. Last time I got flowers for her from Spinneys. I got 5 roses. Even though I had only 20 dirhams and each rose was five dirhams, the flower-guy felt sorry for me and reduced the price to 4 dirhams for each rose. I also attracted many jealous glances from passing-by mothers on my way home.

Thats all from me for now. Happy reading.

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Seabee said...

I agree about the ads. Paying to watch TV then having to sit through ads - usually terrible ones - isn't acceptable.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Razaldo said...

Ares and Bit Commet.
P2P services.
Download all you want !!
That's how I am getting my mp3 albums...

PS: I do not support piracy. (smirking)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home