Sunday, July 09, 2006

Food Fest

There's a nice 'Food Fest' at Lamcy Plaza for kids from 7:00 to 9:00 pm until 12th August. I won a couple of Luna products. They started off with some games for kids (stack up the Luna Cream cans), then there was a ice-cream eating competition. I really wanted to participate but unfortunately that bit of the show was only for adults. The people who took part were horrendous. They all ate so slowly it was like as if the slowest one would be the winner. They were given each a pint of Baskin Robbins ice-cream to finish. Two men and a lady took part.

The first man cleaned his mouth with tissue paper after every bite, and then took a sip of water. I almost wanted to yell at him , "IT'S A RACE!!!! What the hell are you doing??" The lady was even worse. After seven or eight spoonfuls (and they were those small plastic spoons) she kinda just gave up. Atleast she could have given the remaining ice-cream to someone in the audience. The other man ate it 'till the end, but he took three whole minutes. I would have gulped down the whole ice-cream in under 40-seconds.

Then there was a quiz... I got an audience question right (Total estimated age of the earth- 4.6 Billion years) and won a couple of small packets of some Luna product... forgot what it was. After that there was a competition for kids in which you had to gulp down a 500 ml bottle of water with a straw and then fill it up with some beans.

On a different note, I changed my blog layout today. Hope its nice. Any suggestions you can drop me an email or comment.