Monday, December 04, 2006

Taxi... taxi!



Yeah, I know, that's I nice picture of those lovely air-conditioned taxis that take us everywhere, are always there when we need them and have the most cheerful drivers ever.

NOT!

Today morning, I missed the bus. So like how I had done a couple of months ago, I took some money and went down to hail a cab. It was a disaster.

Firstly, hardly any taxis came. I waved at the first taxi that came. The guy looked straight at my face, nodded, and happily drove pass. Second guy made a hand gesture like saying “Wait” and drove past again. The third guy determinedly looked straight at the road and continued driving, though I’m sure he must have seen me waving. By then the other parents at the bus-stop were giving me amused looks. I tried to change my position. The fourth taxi came after a long time. He too glanced at me and drove past. I was sure all of these four taxis were completely unoccupied.

Can anyone tell me why at 7:00 am in the morning no taxi wants to stop for me? I could have given them a good fare too, my school was near the 2nd Interchange on SZR. The taxi scene in Dubai is really, really dismal. Four empty taxis and none stopped for me. In the end I had to just give up and skip school.

I just feel really sorry for those who have to use taxis everyday to go to work...

3 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger DubaiTeen said...

No, actually my mother was also standing with me.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Ksa_queen said...

loooool ... trust me .. i know wht it is to wait 4 a cab .. specially ... when my parents dnt wanna drop me off sumwer ... its really pissin offf!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home